No matter how well you treat your skin at home, there’s something about a professional facial that always leaves your complexion glowing. Even for those super blessed individuals who don’t have blemishes, hyperpigmentation or severe acne, regular facials can still be beneficial in keeping the skin healthy and free of unwanted debris.
Professional facials are the best way to find out what makes your skin unique and how to treat it going forward. Moreover, facials are a relaxing activity that quiets our stress hormones and allows us to experience complete bliss for a part of our day. Destress and relax while freeing your pores with regular facials.
1. Cleanses the skin: Even though you may wash your face every day, you’ll never be able to thoroughly cleanse your skin as a professional does. During a facial, the spa specialist uses steam to open up your pores and remove all of the dirt, oil, and dead skin cells that have been causing your dull complexion. They also use an extraction tool to skillfully remove any whiteheads and blackheads without damaging the surface of the skin. This process not only removes current blemishes but also helps to prevent future breakouts.
2. Reduces stress: Studies have shown that facial massages activate the sympathetic nervous system, which reduces anxiety and lifts the mood. There are countless pressure points along the face that are connected to different systems in your body. When these pressure points are massaged, the body internally responds to it. Facials are also a relaxing experience with many external factors helping to bring about inner peace from relaxing scents to soft, meditative music.
3. Promotes healthy aging: We all want to prevent early aging and help our skin maintain its youthful glow. Facials are a way to accomplish that! Regular facials help boost cell regeneration and promote healthy collagen levels. Together, these allow your skin to look more youthful.
4. Treats acne marks: If you’re stuck with the ghost of acne’s past (acne marks), facials can help diminish their appearance. Salicylic acid is a common component of facials that can help lessen the appearance of acne scars while treating current breakouts.
5. Exfoliates: Your at-home exfoliation kit is only capable of so much. When a professional exfoliates the skin, they gently slough off all the dead skin cells that are blocking your pores and preventing your skin from looking plump, youthful and radiant. Exfoliation also allows other products to better penetrate the skin, so they work better overall.
6. Eliminate dark circles under the eyes: The under-eye area requires a certain level of love and care. The skin under the eyes is thinner and more sensitive than the rest of the face. Estheticians understand the best way to treat the delicate under-eye area with specialized eye creams designed to moisturize, plump and soothe the skin.
Facials benefit more than just the skin – they are also a way to experience pure bliss while boosting the mood and reducing stress. If you’re looking for a way to unwind while treating your skin to a rejuvenating cleanse, call the Garcia Weight Loss and Wellness centers to book your customized facial today: 813-531-8895