Palm Harbor weight-loss clinic

Personalized weight-loss plans, wellness and aesthetic services in Palm Harbor, Florida

Garcia Weight Loss & Wellness Centers Palm Harbor / East Lake

Physician: Donald Temple, MD
t. (727) 683-6160
f. (727) 683-6161
palmharbor@garciaweightloss.com

3450 East Lake Rd. Ste 303, Palm Harbor, FL 34685

GET DIRECTIONS

Our Palm Harbor weight-loss clinic is located at 3450 East Lake Rd. Ste 303, Palm Harbor, FL 34685.

ALL NEW PATIENTS START WITH A FREE CONSULTATION

Palm Harbor is a community in Pinellas County, Florida. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 64,301. Palm Harbor occupies 26.6 square miles and has a hilly geography that is somewhat unique in Florida. The racial makeup of Palm Harbor is mostly caucasian, with small percentages of African American, Native American, Asian, Pacific Islander, and Hispanic residents.

Palm Harbor is located west of Tampa and north of downtown St. Petersburg. A largely residential community, Palm Harbor also has several commercial areas, including Downtown Palm Harbor, which offers many small shops and restaurants.

Palm Harbor culture

The historic downtown area hosts many fairs and festivals, including monthly First Friday Celebrations, which are a popular draw for the community. The celebrations offer rides and games for children, food from many local establishments, and wares available for purchase from local artists.

The annual Taste of Palm Harbor festival is held the first Sunday in October, with proceeds benefiting grants and scholarships offered by the Palm Harbor Junior Women’s Club. The festival traditionally includes live music and food from more than 20 local restaurants, many specializing in seafood.

Recreation

Palm Harbor offers various recreational facilities, including several parks, sports complexes, and a community activity center. It is also home to the historic White Chapel, built in 1924 and completely restored after the Palm Harbor Community Services District assumed management in 2012. The chapel is now frequently used for banquets, weddings, and other special events.

Palm Harbor history

Originally called Sutherland — short for Southern Land and Development Company — the community was first established in 1888. The name changed to Palm Harbor in 1925. Sutherland boasted two beautiful hotels, the larger of which became Southern College in 1902.