Brandon weight-loss clinic
Personalized weight-loss plans, wellness, and aesthetic services in Brandon, Florida
Our Brandon weight-loss clinic is located at 403 S Kings Ave Suite #220, Brandon, FL 33511.
Brandon is a community in Hillsborough County, Florida. As of the 2010 census, Brandon had a population of 103,483. Brandon is located in central Hillsborough County and has a total area of 35.0 square miles -- 33.1 of which are land and 1.9 of which are water.
Neighborhoods within Brandon include Brandon Hills, Barrington Oaks East, Limona, Kensington Estates, and La Viva.
Like the Tampa Bay area, the climate in Brandon is a humid subtropical climate. However, due to its greater distance from the coast, Brandon may experience a few nights below freezing each year, unlike Tampa. Summers in Brandon are long and hot, with an average high temperature of 85°F. Like the rest of the Tampa Bay area, Brandon receives abundant rainfall. Winters are mild and dry, and may have stretches of low temperatures in the 30s.
Recreation and entertainment
Brandon is home to Westfield Brandon — a shopping mall located eight miles east of Tampa — and AMC movie theater, and the Florida Academy for the Performing Arts.
The east side of Brandon is home to the Hillsborough County Fairgrounds, which hosts the County Fair every year from October 16th to the 20th.
History of Brandon
Brandon was named for John Brandon, a settler who arrived in what is now Tampa in 1857. Brandon purchased 200 acres in the New Hope area and named the land Brandon. Later, the New Hope Church was built on land donated by Brandon, and it became both the community’s first church and first school.
Brandon grew in spurts in the early twentieth century. A second school was built in 1905. In 1922, the first Brandon census was taken, arriving at a population of 100. The area’s poultry farms closed during the Great Depression, but the industry was reintroduced to the area in the 1940s with the establishment of Brandon Egg, later named Hollash Eggs, which became the largest egg producer in eastern Hillsborough County. In the late 1990s, Hollash Eggs closed and the original farm was sold to what is now Bell Shoals Baptist Church.
After World War II, new businesses began to open in Brandon, including a drug store and a well-known variety store. Brandon experienced rapid growth in the early sixties, with estimates of an average of one new family relocating to the area every day. Development of the southern Brandon area in the 1980s also brought thousands of new residents. By 1990, the Brandon population had reached nearly 58,000.