Don’t let Halloween candy around the house derail your weight loss efforts!
Avoiding the candy aisles at supermarkets and drugstores is difficult enough during the rest of the year, but in the month of October, it seems like unhealthy treats are everywhere. When it comes to staying on track with your weight loss goals, the holiday season poses extra temptation.
Learn to say NO to Halloween candy by enjoying healthy alternatives to sugary snacks. You’ll look and feel better long after the season is over!
Healthy Alternatives to Halloween Candy
This fall, make healthier choices so that you can have your Halloween candy and eat it, too! Kick the candy corn to the side and give these alternatives a try:
- Three words: roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Dark chocolate. Not only does dark chocolate have numerous known health benefits, including antioxidants, but it is also so rich and savory that only a few pieces will satisfy your craving for sweets! Portion control is important when it comes to staying on track with your weight loss.
- Make something from scratch. These days, no one gives out homemade candy, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t make some yourself as a healthier alternative to high-sugar, high-calorie store-bought spooky snacks. Try your hand at making something fun and fairly healthy, like Rice Krispie treats, and get the whole family involved for added fun!
- Savory sweet snacks. Try mixing pretzels with peanut butter, or mix it with apples in place of chocolate or caramel sauces popular on those “devilish” sweets known as candy apples.
- Popcorn balls. From nuts and berries to chocolate and honey, the possibilities are endless for this healthy Halloween candy alternative. Try a recipe like this one to get started.
- Seek inspiration online. Check out more sample healthy Halloween party snacks here.
Through the help of Dr. Garcia’s Weight Loss and Wellness program, your health and wellness goals are possible. Learn more about the services we offer and the 3 Phase Approach through a no-cost, no-obligation consultation, or visit our website today!
Karen Eisenbraun is a certified holistic nutrition consultant and writer with a background in digital marketing. She has written extensively on the topics of nutrition and holistic health for many leading websites.
Karen received her nutrition certification from the American College of Healthcare Sciences in 2012. She follows a ketogenic diet and practices intermittent fasting. Karen advocates a whole foods approach to nutrition and believes in empowering yourself with information that allows you to make smarter decisions about your health.