You’ve achieved your weight loss goal – congratulations! Now, indulge yourself with a healthy reward.
It’s the day that you have been longing for – through a combination of healthy lifestyle changes and dedication, you have achieved your goal weight! Now, how will you celebrate without tipping the scale back? Try our healthy suggestions for a well-deserved reward:
- Give yourself a gift. You’ve worked hard to get to a healthy goal weight – why not give yourself a little something to display on your new figure? Whether you pick up a shiny trinket, a form-flattering bathing suit, or a pair of fabulous sunglasses that draw attention to your slimmer face, take the time to give yourself a gift that reflects the goals you have accomplished.
- Treat yourself to a spa day. Your feet, no doubt, have played a big role in getting you to your goal weight (running, walking, lunging, squatting, etc.), so there’s no better way to reward yourself than by giving them the royal treatment. Get a foot massage, a pedicure… the works! You’ll be so pleased with your pampered toes that the thought of food will barely cross your mind.
- Splurge on something fitness or nutrition-related. To maintain your goal weight, you will want to continue to eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and make healthy lifestyle choices. Reward yourself for achieving this milestone by investing in something that will help you practice maintenance for life:
- If you enjoy time spent working out, consider investing in new exercise clothes or a few sessions with a personal trainer.
- Have you learned to love eating healthy, nutritious meals? Give yourself the gift of cooking classes, or ask a friend or family member who is talented in the kitchen to show you how to prepare a few healthy recipes.
- Take a fitness or foodie-related vacation.
Achieving your goal weight is possible with the help of Garcia Weight Loss! To learn more about our program, please visit our website to schedule your personalized no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.
Medically reviewed by Jay J. Garcia, MD on September 2, 2013